alocasia reticulata? in flower and mystery guest alocasia

  • Subject: alocasia reticulata? in flower and mystery guest alocasia
  • From: Thom Powell <sparky4114@mac.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:28:16 -0400

Hello All, I work in a high end retail garden center and we got in some beautiful alocasias that came in marked asst. exotic alocasias. I was thinking the larger one is reticulata (due to the discussion on here in early March). But it's aprox. 5 ft. tall and the flower smells like a fresh newspaper! the scent fills my plant room. I noticed it opened last night when I came home from work (close to 7pm) and there was no fragrance... this morning it is very fragrant....we'll see how it does the rest of the day (seeing how I have the day off today). Also does anyone know what is going on with the under side of the older leaves ?(tried to get a pic of it)

the second, smaller alocasia I have no clue as to who it is, but absolutely love the amorpho-like markings on it!!

Thanxxx,     Thom

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image