Re: alocasia reticulata? in flower and mystery guest alocasia

  • Subject: Re: alocasia reticulata? in flower and mystery guest alocasia
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:59:18 +0000

> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> From: sparky4114@mac.com
> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:28:16 -0400
> Subject: [Aroid-l] alocasia reticulata? in flower and mystery guest alocasia

Dear Thom,

Steve Lucas should be interested in a GOOD photo of your A. reticulata`s bloom, so if poss., cut away a portion of the spathe to expose the entire spadix and its various structures in a close-up photo, and get a good photo of the entite plant AND one leaf blade.   If Steve uses your photos, he usually gives cridits to the photographer.   The yellowing then loss of older leaves on your Alocasia may be ''normal''.
Your second plant with the divided leaf blades is A. brancifolia, it used to be named Xenophya brancifolia, but was placed into synonmy with the genus Alocasia.

Good Growing,

Julius

<<< Hello All, I work in a high end retail garden center and we got in