Amorphophallus titanum leaf in progress

  • Subject: Amorphophallus titanum leaf in progress
  • From: "Brian O'Brien" <bobrien@gustavus.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:20:44 -0500

Hi All,
   It's not an inflorescence, but we're a bit transfixed here by the progress of the massive leaf of our titanum that flowered last May (and also by the St. Paul titanum that recently flowered - I was up there for a short while last Thursday, and it was a wonderful experience).  Here are some posts and photos on the Minnesota titanum events that I've made:  http://arboretum.blog.gustavus.edu/category/titan-arum/ , and a link to the posts on the St. Paul plant (Marjorie McNeely Conservatory) by Margaret Yeakel-Twum, Keeper of the Como Titanums:  http://www.comozooconservatory.org/cons/gardenblog.shtml
   The leaf development on our end of the titanum events is also documented on my Flickr site:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeranthes/

Brian

--
Brian A. O'Brien, Department of Chemistry, Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue, Saint Peter, Minnesota  56082  U.S.A.