Re: Joep Moonen

  • Subject: Re: Joep Moonen
  • From: Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:25:47 -0400

That news is saddening, I hope Joep recovers quickly with no after-effects.  Prayers go out to him and his wife.

I've been under the weather for some days now with some kind of crud, a couple more days of it and I guess I'll get to the
doc.  I was so busy last week that I wasn't online at all, hope you guys and gals excuse my absence.
Russ

ExoticRainforest wrote:
I wanted to pass this along to everyone.  Many of you have likely never met Joep Moonen, but to several of us he is a dear friend, especially Dr. Croat, Ron Weeks and Julius Boos.  Joep and I have been trading email almost daily for nearly two years and although I've never had the chance to shake his hand he is certainly a dear friend to me.  He often verifies facts for me for my website as well as furnishing photographs.

If you don't know, Joep is Dutch and runs a center in French Guiana that takes plant and animal nuts into the rain forest of French Guiana, northern Brazil and Suriname.  He has quite a few plants named after him including Philodendron moonenii, Anthurium moonenii and the highly sought after Philodenron "joepii" which is not a species but am unusual natural hybrid.  Please remember Joep Marijke and Bernie during this tough time for the family.

Steve Lucas

-----
Dear friends ,

I just want you to know that Joep will be not in touch for a while . He is hospitalised since yesterday with a stroke , he loose force on the right sight of his body by a veine because of to high blood pressure . They will do all test possible and with good physiotherapy and exercise he will get his strenght back in I hope a couple of months .

Sorry for this unhappy news .

All best regards , Marijke

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.13/1378 - Release Date: 4/15/2008 9:12 AM