Steve's pages ARE science

That Steve`s pages, which offer correct information to collectors are available on line is, I am certain, gratifying to science.

Good Growing,

Let me weigh in on Steve and his wonderful notes. There is science of the sort buried in little-read journal papers. And then there is the promulgation of knowledge to a wider and interested audience.

To me Steve is an amazingly unselfish person. He adopts the completely constructive approach of allowing unlimited comment and correction. This is also science. It is true to the notion that scientific opinion is conditional on new information coming in. What emerges is a living source, populated by expert opinion and the best photographs anywhere.

We will probably never get all the ducks in a row for the naming of commercial offerings. But a public source that is open to the best available ID work is a blessing to us all. For those who care will always be interested.

Let me put in a cheer for the Exotic Rainforest.

Aroid-L mailing list