Re: What the heck is going on here?

  • Subject: Re: What the heck is going on here?
  • From: "Windy Aubrey" <exotics@hawaii.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:04:56 -1000

Hi Everyone,

Weird huh!

I will do as Julius has suggested and will perform a dissection to see
what's going on.
Externally they look like claws upside down.  Almost like a tiny spathe
without a spadix.
No, I don't use hormones on any of our plants.
It now has three inflorescences displaying these 'things'.  I'll pull one or
two off of each spadix and see if there is any further development in the
older ones.  Their is no seed capsule present.
I do not know if this plant was Tissue Culture or seed grown, but chances
are it is a TC.

If I don't see anything when I cut it open tonight, I will prepare an entire
inflorescences in alcohol and send it on.

I'll also try to photograph what I see up close.  I'll post those images so
everyone can take a good look at it too.

Maybe Denis or Bill can also weigh in if they have seen it before in their

What fun these plants are!