An off topic question!

Although I found Dr. Kimnach's address with the help of an individual from this forum and sent him a note I haven't seen a response as yet.  But for me the need for an answer is not really needed. I received a response from a personal query to Dr. Croat and his answer nails it for me, "While it is true that Epiphyllum does occur in Tropical dry forest and even drier biomes some species are common in Tropical moist forest, perhaps also in Tropical wet forest."

In the meantime, I've been flooded with mail from quite a few people who frequent other forums who have cautioned me not even to respond to the person who made the claim.  Besides considering himself an "expert" in cactii and succulents, he apparently takes joy in trying to cause any possible disturbance on a forum.  One response came with a link to a site that discusses cacti where a noted individual who has found 5 plant species unknown to science had been taken to task by this individual just for the apparent fun!  I was extremely impressed with the response of the true authority!

So, I've updated my own page on the single Epiphyllum species I have as an adult and will leave it at that.  As Julius pointed out, you can't convince someone who still believes the man has never been to the moon or Earth is flat of the truth!  Just in case anyone out there grows Epiphyllum species and has more knowledge than do I (most of you) you can find what I've written here:

Please let me know if you find anything that is in error!  And thanks to all from this forum who wrote privately.

Steve Lucas

Steve, You have to know Hermine. If there ever was and is a character, it is Hermine. That coming from a character herself.......

Good luck with your query. I will be interested also because I know we have found them in trees in the rainforest. They certainly would have to be from trees just the way they grow. I will take bet at least some come from the forest, if not all.

Betsy