Dieffenbachia seguine 'Aurora'

  • Subject: Dieffenbachia seguine 'Aurora'
  • From: "Denis Rotolante" <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:49:41 -0400

Title: Message
We grew Dieffenbachia seguine 'Aurora' for a brief time in the 1980's. It grew rapidly and quite easily, but did not have a stout stem or the more compact growth habit of D. amoena 'Tropic Snow'. It grew so quickly that it flopped over and fell down. looking back at it in retrospect, mabe we were not giving it enough light. One of our  best customers was the Parrot Jungle (now out of the jungle and onto an Island).
Its variegation pattern was wildly variable and it had the most caustic sap of any of the Dieffenbachias we have ever grown...
Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida