Anthurium frost tolerance?

  • Subject: Anthurium frost tolerance?
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:31:25 -0400

2 years ago at the IAS conference I bought my mom an Anthurium with a
bright, hot pink spathe.  I planted it in one of her gardens in Venice,
FL.  It did very well until the freezing weather this past winter.  I
had hoped that only the foliage was killed and that the plant had
survived, but Mom reports that it isn't showing signs of life.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the likelihood that it survived?  How
long should Mom wait to see new growth before she assumes that it's
really dead?  It would be too bad to lose it. It was a great looking plant.

Aroid-L mailing list