Re: Leaf bulbils

I generally just leave them on the leaf, on or off the plant,  until the leaf dries, then remove them.  I have not seen them rot during leaf curing.
dst
On Apr 2, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Greg Ruckert wrote:

As the growing season for Amorphophallus draws to a close I have a number of plants developing leaf bulbils.

What is the best way to handle these as the leaf dies down?

Do we need to use a knife to remove leaf tissue or is it safer to let the leaf tissue dessicate away from the bulbil?

Is there a risk of the bulbils rotting as the leaf collapses?

Cheers,
Greg Ruckert.
Nairne, South Australia.

--===============8216195512563825249==--

D. Scott Taylor

Under Florida Law, email addresses are Public Records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to public record requests, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.