Re : Orontium Pollinators

  • Subject: Re : Orontium Pollinators
  • From: michael kolaczewski <mjkolaffhbc@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 07:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Jason,
While it is early in the season, there are many insects out here
in Northern Illinois, searching for flowering plants.
Right now here where I live Symplocarpus ( Skunk Cabbage )
is blooming. It is visted by flies, beetles, and honey bees. There
are also many small Midge like insects out as well.
While bees may linger over flowers and are often easy to observe,
some of these other insects dart in and out, may be much
smaller in size, and not be as noticeable.
My observations of a plant with a similar structure, Acorus, is the
reason I mention this. Good luck with your "Pollinator Hunt ".
Thank you for posting this on the forum.
Michael Kolaczewski
Aroid-L mailing list