Re: Anthurium Crassinervium

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium Crassinervium
  • From: robert chumley <chumleyrobert@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 02:03:41 +0000

I certainly hope so, Don. I've been growing A. Crassinervium for many years. At one instance, in the early nineties, I germinated several flats of A. Crassinervium seed that was the result of pollinating several parent plants that were nicely variegated.   About 88% of the seedlings were variegated......about 2% were totally white (and died).....and the remaining 10% were totally green until later(in a one gallon) most reverted to variegation. I was thrilled at the sucess and offered all of the flats to a large nationally known company near Orlando ,Florida for a small percentage of future sales. (they refused) , so I kept them for many years.The flower was burgudy/white/yellow/green with a burgundy spadix and a striped stem....leaf variegation was splashed with white/green/yellow. I still have a few mature plants, so I may do it again.
Aroid-L mailing list