Re: help

Dear Marcus:

            What is your cut off for early authors?  Would someone like Hemsley be important.  He worked early in Central America.  I realize that most of the earliest collections were from the West Indies but in South America there were the early explorers like Spruce, Humbodlt, Sesse & Mocino and others.  Actually except to Poeppig few species of Araceae were described.  What about Kunth.  Lord, he described more than anyone else even if he did not know anything about Araceae.

All the best,

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Marcus Nadruz
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 5:32 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] help

Dear friends,

I am preparing a lecture on the list of Brazilian species of Araceae and would comment on the first records of the family in tropical America, especially Brazil.
I have the publications of Linné, Marcggraf, Jaccard, Plumier, Piso and Velozzo. Does anyone have any other advice about other publications?

I thank you all.

Marcus A. Nadruz Coelho
Pesquisador Titular
Diretoria de Pesquisas
Instituto de Pesquisas Jardim Botanico do Rio de
21 32042144

Aroid-L mailing list