Re: Amorphophallus kiusianus seed

Dear All

I did not get any A. kiusianus seed from Wilbert Hetterschied, but
did get A. henryi.  Wilbert suggested I reported my observations on
A. henryi germmination to Aroid-L.  I planted the seed and a few
germinated in a relatively short time (Sorry extact dates are at
home).  I have a few warm (subtropical?) Indian Arisaema species (A.
caudatum, A. neglectum, A. sahyadricum and a couple of others) and
these seem to come into growth following a temperature drop.  (If
people are interested I can explain further.)  I tried this
temperature drop approach with A. henryi seeds and doubled the
germination.  This may relate to other 'recalcitrant' Araceae and is
pehaps worth a punt?

Eric Walton
New Zealand