Re: question

Mary Jane,

I vote for letting Nature take her course. Last year I had a Dracunculis
vulgaris that never went dormant. It kept all of its foliage through
winter, produced a flower stalk in February and just finished blooming this
weekend. Mind you, this tuber was planted outside (I live in SF, CA). The
plant now looks like is entering dormancy because all the foliage has died
back and the inflorescence is withering away. It will be interesting to see
if I get any seeds. I am begining to realize that some aroids are
independent and like to go their own way.

Steve Hall