Re: Second bite

Heterotroph refers to those organisms that cannot produce their own food
source, (glucose).  Thus fungi, animals etc are considered heterotrophs.
 Many bacteria are heterotrophs but some are also photoautotrophs (use
light to produce sugar), or chemoautotrophs (use chemical compounds
which they oxidize to release energy which in turn they use to make
sugar).  Sounds like fun stuff, huh!

Hope this helps.

Dick

(On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 SNALICE@aol.com

--
Richard L. Mansell                             Phone: H(813) 961-7072
Biology Department, LIF 136                           W(813) 974-1588

Home: 13508 Little Lake Place, Tampa, FL 33613-4134

   E-mail-   mansell@chuma.cas.usf.edu
   WWW -     http://www.cas.usf.edu/~mansell/mansell.html