New Aroid Research Assistant at Missouri Botanical Garden

	Dear Aroiders:

	I want to thank all of you who gave me advise and assistance in my search
for a new Research Assistant with Araceae here at the Missouri Botanical
Garden.  I especially want to express my sincere thanks to those of you
who honored me by yourselves applying for this position.  Those of you who
did apply were well qualified and I am sorry that the garden did not make
a broader attempt to bring in out of town candidates but it so happened
that there were a number of well qualified local candidates .  My new
assistant is Beth Cosgriff who is a resident of Collinsville, Illinois and
a graduate of Southern Illinois University.  Her last position was at the
Texas A & M University where she did a lot of the same things, managing a
multifaceted research program similar to the one that we operate here at
the Missouri Botanical Garden.  Currently I am training Beth in all of the
idiosyncracies of this research program.  Beth will act as General
Secretary for the VIII International Aroid Conference and I am sure will
be dealing on a regular basis with many of you.  If any of you have a
message for her she can be contacted at  < cosgriff@mobot.org >.  She will
soon be signing on to aroid-l and will write her own letter of
introduction at that time.

	Tom