Re: new ID request

In a message dated 4/13/99 11:13:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lkallus@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 There's a new request for an ID on the ID site.  The inflorescence looks
 something like a paeoniifolius to me, but if it's growing in central
 Kentucky, I find it hard to believe it would be hardy and naturalizing.

Les,
     Don't let the location throw you.  I grew and flowered A. paeonifolius
in the ground in central Ohio for over 20 years with no problems.  I would
find new plantlets in many different places in my yard.  I agree, the picture
in question looks somewhat like paeonifolius to me also.

Nancy
Florida  Zone 10