Re: Experiment for members.

-----Original Message-----
From: Papillote Wilderness Retreat <papillote@cwdom.dm>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Monday, April 19, 1999 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: Experiment for members.

>>Where can I find a picture of "Hilo Beauty"
Anne<<

Dear Anne,
Can not find a photo on any site of the plant 'Hilo Beauty'.   It LOOKS like
a 'tannia' or dasheen-like plant (Xanthosoma and Colocasia), grows to about
2 ft. tall,  the sinus of the leaf blade is open all the way to the stem
like a 'tannia' and unlike most forms of 'dasheen',  but with straightish
sides, not much tissue on the inner sides of the lobes, the leaves are
greyish/bluish/green spotted with white, a VERY attractive plant.   It has a
rhizome like a tannia (Xanthosoma) or Alocasia, NOT like a Caladium.
Wish there was a way to get a plant of it to you, I come across it from time
to time here.
Any Dracontium photos as yet???
Cheers,
Julius