Re: Amorph paeoniifolius

Wow, this is extraordinary.  Considering your description, I now quite
understand that you might find offense in a suggestion that the ID of
A.paeonifoilus might be incorrect.

My apologies for doubting.

I still think that 'somewhat like A.p' should have been 'nothing even
close to A.p', but that's now an irrelevant matter of personal taste.

Hey, since Wilbert asserted that A.p. cannot survive freezing, you might
be able to get a cold-hardy cultivar or variety named after yourself :-)
Just a thought.

Cheers

KK
---------------

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 Mitsukiwi@aol.com wrote:
> Hi Julius,
>      I will attempt to describe my A. paeonifolius the best I can.  First,
> the flower appears.  Then after flowering, the single spotted/mottled leaf
> stalk appears.  The leaf stalk is approximately 4 feet tall with one very
> large leaf with many deep lobes.  The flower is low to the ground, giving the
> appearance of having no stem, rather large, nearly as wide as it is tall.  It
> reminds me of a deformed, strangely colored head of cabbage with the center
> resembling a human brain that goes to a point.  The outer leaves of the
> 'cabbage' are spotted while the center (brain part) is sort of purplish!
> Geez....it's hard to describe the flower but I hope this will give you the
> general picture.  It looks nothing like the flower of A. konjac or any other
> Amorph that I know of.
>
> Regards,
> Nancy

"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@netgate.net
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/