Neem & streptomycin sulfate & sweet young thangs

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Neem & streptomycin sulfate & sweet young thangs
  • From: "Jay Vannini" <interbnk@terra.com.gt>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 01:21:59 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy:

Since Neem extracts appear to be the "organic" flavor of the month amongst
the orchid crowd, have decided to break down and give it a fair trial on my
own. Since I have Anthurium, Alocasia and Nepenthes species as companion
plants, I am always concerned about spray drift of ANYTHING that I'm not
familiar with.

Got to figgerin' that some of you fair folk, particularly the BG crowd, have
sprayed Neem on young aroids and so forth and cud set me straight as to
whether any special care needs to be taken with it.

In the same vein - have long had a hankering to use Agrimycin as a frontline
defense against Xanthomonas blights in Anthurium species. I am aware that
this product will produce phytotoxicity in some forms, i.e. A. andreanum and
its primary hybrids - does anyone on the forum have experience using this
product?

Cheerio -

Jay Vannini