Re: Amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@clark.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:18:18 -0500 (CDT)

IMHO, it would be climate dependent.  In my cold part of USDA z. 7,
my one tuber (which has never bloomed) has survived in the ground for
about 4 or maybe 5 years.  I noticed last year that there are now 3
stems coming up...not exactly rampant growth, let alone "invasive".
It emerges so late that each year I'm certain I've lost it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article:  Invasive! ... ?
All Suite101.com garden topics :