Re: Amorphophallus konjac

In Falls Church I have had a tuber in the ground since 1992 which
survived our big freeze in Jan '94 with -10 F.  This was a blooming tuber
which I had put in the ground because it was too big for me to carry in
and out each year.  This tuber had a leaf that had a five foot diameter
which has reduced to two over the years.  I had tubers in four other
places from the same period, which had multiplied so slowly that I had
maybe four or five leaves in each place vice the single original, nothing
more,  but last winter proved too much for two of the clumps and now I
have only one good sized clump with seven leaves which came up as Marge
said in late June.  It certainly isn't invasive in this climate.  Besides
even if it was invasive/ it isn't too much work to pull out/cut down/ dig
out any tuber that is unwanted.  Ann Kline   Zone 7 A  Virginia