culture question

  • Subject: culture question
  • From: Jill Bell <godjillab@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 11:52:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I purchased a Hanalomena "ruby" from Tom Winn and it came with New Zealand
sphagnum as it's potting medium.  I generally do not use this for aroids,
only orchids, but I have never grown one of these before and I am not
familiar with it's needs and wants, and growth habits.  I do not have a
greenhouse, but do quite well with most anthuriums and alocasias and the
like.  I put this into an east to northeast facing window until I receive
other information.  Thank you in advance, I never like to kill anything!  I
would actually love to get the Ecuador and New Guinea species of this plant
as well.??   Anybody got one for sale?
Thank you,  and I am sure we will get a list of sales and trades for the
members only page soon.
Best Regards,
--
Jill Bell
Illustration, Graphic Design, Web Design and Digital Photography