Re: variegated Ph. selloum, etc.

  • Subject: Re: variegated Ph. selloum, etc.
  • From: Neil Crafter <golfstra@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:34:26 -0500 (CDT)

There definitely are variegated cultivars of the Philodendron self heading type you called "selloum". This is not a valid name and has been reduced to synonomy under Philodendron bipinnatifidum. Certainly Graf's Exotica shows some, but like you I have never seen one in the flesh out here in Australia. I really want one too! Thought you would have been able to find some in Florida.
Neil Crafter
Adelaide Australia
Philodendron collector

Eric_L_._Schmidt/LEU/CYS/Orlando@priv.ci.orlando.fl.us wrote:

----- Forwarded by Eric L Schmidt/LEU/CYS/Orlando on 08/08/01 10:25 AM

                    Eric L .
                    Schmidt              To:     aroid-l@mobot.org
                    Sent by: Eric        cc:
                    L Schmidt            Subject:     variegated Ph. selloum, etc.

                    09:40 AM

Are there any variegated cultivars of Philodendron selloum or related self
heading types ( x evansii, eichleri, 'Xanadu', etc.)? As common as P.
selloum is here in Florida I have never seen a variegated specimen.

Eric Schmidt
Botanic Records
Harry P. Leu Gardens
1920 N. Forest Ave.