Re: variegated Ph. selloum, etc.

  • Subject: Re: variegated Ph. selloum, etc.
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:42:04 -0500 (CDT)

Eric:

We quite often have Philodendrons Cultivars from tissue culture that
sport out and become variegated to one degree or other. However,
personally I do not grow P. bipinnatifidum and have not seen any sports
of that species. I shall ask around to some of the other nurseries and
see if anyone who grows large quantites of this plant has come accross
any variegated forms of this one.
I don't know of anyone who is growing large quantities of the
Arborescent Type Philos. Don't hold your breathe waiting for a positive
response.

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida