Re: Amorphophallus cuttings

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus cuttings
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:36:20 -0500 (CDT)

Some bulbs definately can be divided (I cant speak for all of them)..... I have never done this on purpose, but I have dropped bulbs (A. salmoneus, and others) that have shattered into many pieces.  All the pieces planted out, produced plants.

I would assume that as long as there is an aux. "bud" (eye) of some sort, and some tuber tissue left, it will work.

aroid-l@mobot.org wrote:
> Can someone clue me in as to how to start Amorphs from leaf cuttings? Can
the bulbs be divided such as a begonia?

John Ingram
Phone/Fax 323-650-9360