Re: Amorph seedlings

  • Subject: Re: Amorph seedlings
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:46:24 -0500 (CDT)

I have grown some seeds of Amorphophallus galbra , a nice form with a very
spotted petiole collected at Mt Amos near Cooktown by Marilyn Van Den Burgh
.The resultant seedlings have given me only one with a spotted petiole and
the rest are all green ! The only true way to identify these variable plants
is by the flower !
Have had great success growing Psuedodracontium sp. using the leaf/petiole
cutting method. I was amazed at the resultant tuber size after a few months
. I must try some Amorphophallus cuttings ..
Michael Pascall,Curator,