Re: Bargains at the Indian Mart

  • Subject: Re: Bargains at the Indian Mart
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:37:50 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, thanks Julius. It was you I think that made up the table with the
aroid common, scientific, and local names as well as country where they are
eaten. This inspired me to go looking when I was informed of the local
Indian shopping area not too far from me. Perhaps other members in areas
other than Miami, NYC, or suburban New Jersey can locate some and write
about it.
After seeing the web site forwarded by Brian I'm hoping these things will
grow like that. I was really blown away by some of the pics. The expense of
my first small paeonifolius from a nursery led me to coddle it too much and
probably contributed to its steady growth  --   in reverse. Sorry Mr. A.,
but these priced tubers may allow me more ease in purchasing and providing
some benign neglect!

"Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>@mobot.org on 08/22/2001 08:52:51 PM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org