Re: Bargains at the Indian Mart

  • Subject: Re: Bargains at the Indian Mart
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:38:54 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 3:27 PM

At 05:38  23/08/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Yes, thanks Julius. It was you I think that made up the table with the
>aroid common, scientific, and local names as well as country where they are
>eaten. This inspired me to go looking when I was informed of the local
>Indian shopping area not too far from me. Perhaps other members in areas
>other than Miami, NYC, or suburban New Jersey can locate some and write
>about it.

Dear Paul,

Go to www.aroid.org, click on aroid links, and select Dr Les. Kallus' page
on 'Growing Edible Aroids', and within that page there is the list.   Lots
of other interesting pages on aroids here also!!

Good luck,

Julius

>Is this table in the archives? If so, what should I search the archives
for?  Would like to have a look at the names and check out whether any of
these are here in Australia too.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman<
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Crocus, Cyrtanthus,
Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that
doesn't move!!!!!