top commercial aroids USA

  • Subject: top commercial aroids USA
  • From: "Deni Bown" <deni@yaxhampark.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 01:10:11 -0500 (CDT)

Dear aroid growers,

Is there anyone in the USA who could help me (in the UK) with some info

I have been asked to revise entries for Araceae in an encyclopedia of garden
plants  and for the US edition I need up-to-date info on the most popular,
best-selling aroids (houseplants and landscape plants) - especially new
hybrids and improved clones of old favourites like Monstera deliciosa,
Alocasia x amazonica etc.

American and European markets are very different because so many can be
grown outdoors in southern states and Hawaii, so I would much appreciate
help in compiling a list of 'must-have' entries that would enable me to
reflect US sales.

Sincere thanks,

Deni Bown