[aroid-l] images on Aroid-l

My fingers got to happy a few moments ago with the Delete
key and I deleted a message I wanted to reply to.  Hence this
isn't a reply, as it should have been.

Someone asked if the new Aroid-l would handle pictures......

This new listserv certainly has the ability to handle pictures as
well as many, many other options.  Because the Mobot server
had been down for a few days longer than expected, we hurriedly
switched the list over to the NCSU server.  This was done
much sooner than we had planned.  The moderators have been
testing a number of options to find out it they should be incorporated
into the new listserv.

As of right now, we are just trying to make the new listserv look like the
old listserv.  As time permits we will continue with further testing of
new options.

There are a number of things we have to take into consideration when
it comes to allowing pictures to be posted to the list,
including such things as (but not limited to):
    - viruses can easily be transmitted within images
    - everyone doesn't have fast access to download large images
    - what standard format should be set
    - the amount of space required to archive messages with pictures
         in them.

We will continue to improve the service of the Aroid-l mailing list as
well as implement as many new features as 'reasonably' possible.