Re: [aroid-l] From Peru

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] From Peru
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:51:39 +0000

Hola Jorge,

Greetings from Brazil! That´s great to have someone else from the southlands in this list. I thought I was the only "talking" South American here.
Well, I don´t know if Tom has changed the status of this thing in his last surveys of Peruvian aroids, but Michael Grayum (1996) kept P. chinchamayense as a good species and lumped P. krukovii as a synonim of P. guttiferum. I have to confess that is hard to me say the differences between P. guttiferum and other species like P. rudgeanum, so the picture is a bit more complex in my opinion. Anyhow, I have never seen something that could be referred to P. chinchamayense, so I can´t help much more than this. The type of this material was supposed to be in Berlin, but it wasn´t there when I visited this herbarium, so maybe Tom has this plant as a loan in MO. Ask him a photocopy of both types (when he is back from Peru) and you can say by yourself if they are synonims.

Saludos cordiales,

Eduardo.
Eduardo G. Goncalves
Laboratorio de Fitoquimica