Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus Seeds

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus Seeds
  • From: "Craig Allen" callen@fairchildgarden.org
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:33:02 -0400

Amorphophallus kuisianus is not a species that I have set seed on, but other
blue berried species seem to turn bright blue. I have picked a few a bit
prematurely and they grew anyway. Usually, fully mature berries get soft and
start to loosen from the spadix.  They are ready to plant at once. I squeeze
the seed or seeds out of the berry right onto a moist planting media. I
press them into the surface, water them and wait. Most that I have grown
seem to germinate with in a few weeks.