Re: [aroid-l] How many leaves??

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] How many leaves??
  • From: "Peter C Boyce" levieux.jardin@wanadoo.fr
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:58:00 +0200

I can't comment with regard Amorphophallus, but I've had Typhonium venosum
(which the literature often says is solitary leaved) with four leaves
simultaneously, the largest 1.5 m tall with a leaf blade 1 meter in diameter
and the smallest 0.75 tall and 0.5 cm in diameter and regularly with three
leaves simultaneously. Plants with this many leaves went on to produce
exceptionally large tubers (maximum 1.25 kg with a diameter of  30.5 cm.

Peter