Re: [aroid-l] How many leaves??

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] How many leaves??
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petra@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:48:55 -0400

I've also seen the multiple leafing process in Amorphophallus tubers from
tissue culture...tc plantlets typically produce leaf after leaf after leaf
in the first growing season, probably a method of building up its root
system to form a tuber size large enough to sustain itself through dormancy
and the following growing season?  It's an odd thing to witness...