Re: [aroid-l] Typhonium id.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Typhonium id.
  • From: "David Ruland" druland@atlantabotanicalgarden.org
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:16:44 -0400

Do you mean pleasantly fragrant?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Marak [mailto:samarak@arachne.uark.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 5:06 PM
To: aroid-l

You'll probably have a lot of replies to this one, but I'll jump in with
my guess of T. violaefolium. I don't normally associate words like "cute"
with typhoniums, but this really is the cutest little plant, one of my
favorites. Fragrant, too, another word not often found near 'typhonium'.

Check the aroid.org photos at:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, piaba wrote:

> some time ago, i had received from his royal lordiness in leiden some
> tiny tubers of a round-leafed, small Typhonium species, which grew for a
> while and then went domant. ...  now months and months later, it's
> sprouted again, living in the pot with its new neighbor, a Sinningia sp.
> now i'd like to find out which species this cute little Typhonium is...
> would anyone have a clue?  the plant has very small round leaves.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu