[aroid-l] Thinking about IXth Int'l. Aroid Symposium?

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Thinking about IXth Int'l. Aroid Symposium?
  • From: Dan Levin <levin@pixar.com>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 05:05:17 -0700

I found a great on-line source for air tickets.  For me (traveling from
San Francisco) this company had the cheapest flights I'd been able
to find so far -and with fewer stops!  Much better than Expedia, etc.
The company is called Malaysia Travel  http://www.FlyMAS.com
<info@malaysiatravel.com>   Tel 618-529-8033

Worth checking out, at least.  To date I've found them to be very
helpful via both email & on the phone (their US office is apparently
in Illinois).  = Important Disclaimer: I have absolutely NO interest
in or connection with this company and you may well find less
expensive fares elsewhere! =
---
Also...
If anyone's curious what the difference between a "standard room"
and a "deluxe room" is at the Merdeka Palace Hotel (besides
RM 43.70 or approx. US $12 per night, that is); I received the
following response from their reservations manager:

"Standard Room - fully aircond, consisting of either 1 Queensize
bed OR 2 Single Beds, in room safety deposit box, coffee/tea
making facilities, internet access & facing the back of the Hotel
(car park)

Deluxe Room - fully aircond, consisting of either 1 Kingsize Bed
OR 2 Single Beds, in room safety deposit box, coffee/tea making
facilities, internet access & facing the Merdeka Square/ City View"
---

Sorry for the non-araceous bandwidth-- just hoping to encourage
everyone out there who has the potential to attend, to do so!

 -Dan