[aroid-l] Aroidicide in Florida

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Aroidicide in Florida
  • From: Riley2362@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:43:10 EDT

As we mourn the many Aroids that were victims of Charley, it is comforting to
know (through Lynn and several others) that our members are safe and sound
(well, physically at least).  We heard that John Banta is safe and I just
learned that Melissa McDowell in Sarasota is OK and had no damage.  I was most
concerned about Linda Massey in North Port, just North of Port Charlotte.  Most of
you know Linda from her stories of fighting her neighbors objections to her
blooming Amorphophallus paeoniifolius.  I just heard that Linda and her mother
evacuated to a motel further inland ... with her Amorphophallus titanum to wait
out the storm!  I hope they were in a three bedroom suite!  Their home was
not damaged.
Life goes on ... now if we can survive the Republican Convention in NYC (just
joking), there is hope!
Michael Riley