Re: [aroid-l] Aquatic Homalomena species

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Aquatic Homalomena species
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 04:55:04 +0800

Hi Julius

Michael has started the ball rolling with me on this. To my mind it's Homalomena expedita, a species described very recently from Sarawak where it occurs along river and stream banks in thick yellow inundated mud in full sun. The only 'problem' is that the plants you are grwoing are said to come from Thailand/northern West Malaysia and so far H. expedita is only known from one small area in Sarawak. It's very easy growing and our plants are flowering regularly. We stand them in shallow trays of water in slight shade (since placing them in full sun is pots can lead to the roots overheating). Your comment about the leaf shape is spot-on.