Re: [aroid-l] Aquatic Homalomena species

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Aquatic Homalomena species
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:34:22 EDT

Mine is doing well in the way Julius teaches to grow aquatics...half sand
half peat two inches of Lava rock at bottom and never let the water touch the
soil.  I agree, they are a very easy grower and mine has already produced several
decent sized pups, and yes...very reminiscent of water Hyacinth.
I did send Pete an image but of course, it would be much easier to determine
its identity with pics of a flowering plant and/or precise locality data.  I
believe Home said it was collected in Thailand but Im not positive...might have
to ask him next month at the show.
Michael Mattlage