From: hermine
Sent: 8/28/2004 10:37:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!

there is a wonderful aquarium plant, most of us who had aquaria as children will remember this, it is called Anacharis. in England where it was introduced, it grew so rampantly as to impede boat travel in waterways. it was known as BABBINGTON'S CURSE, after the responsible botanist.

but what do I know. everything here in THE WEST is introduced, Eucalyptus, tumbleweeds, (an illegal alien i believe native to Russia, and considerable pest) and about 85% of what is grown in north America for food, forage, ornament, and lumber is introduced.

Gondwana. An idea whose time has come, again.

Aroid-l mailing list