RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus Hewitii Dormancy

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus Hewitii Dormancy
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:27:02 +0200

Yep, this is normal. Most species from Borneo have VERY short resting
periods during which the tubers must NEVER dry out!!! Also they appreciate a
well-aerated (is that a word??) soil and LOTS of water!!!!!!! Ask Peter
Boyce, he has first-hand experience and I believe him since the days I am
doing this too, after having had trouble with these bast....errrr, difficult
plants for years!

Wilbert