[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus Hewitii Dormancy

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus Hewitii Dormancy
  • From: Neil Gordon neil@ng23.abelgratis.co.uk
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:11:04 +0100

Hi, I have 2 A. Hewitii plants that I planted as seed. After a year of growth one of those plants has gone dormant, and the other is in the process of going dormant.

Now, the first plant has been dormant for about 3-4 weeks, and has now decided to grow another shoot, and start growing again!

Is this normal for these plants to have such a short dormancy period?
I thought that it should have been about 3-4 months, not weeks!! or is it as youngsters, these guys try to grow as much as they can in as short a period as possible?

Aroid-l mailing list