RE: [Aroid-l] Please help me with Arum IDs

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Please help me with Arum IDs
  • From: "Bryant, Susan L." SLBryant@scj.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:08:48 -0500

Make mention of a former name?
I think it is useful.  Newcomers to the Aroid world may be looking for
var spectabile and not realize it has a new name.
Your mention of it can help educate and perhaps boost sales.  Nothing
but positive as I see it.
Susan

PS.  Thanks for posting.  I always like looking at your site.  What do
you have the pots sitting on in the cold frame photo? Your link to China
USDA zones gives a 404 page not found, :(
Do US buyers also need a phyto?  Thanks.

 is it not perhaps useful to repeat their former names, e.g. "This is
the plant formerly known as var. spectabile"?