Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema 'Abidjan'.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema 'Abidjan'.
  • From: "Bluesea" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:55:46 -0400

Hermine, A. 'Abidjan' leaves are quite large, I would think too large for aquarium use even with a small plant.
A. 'Silver Queen' was common in the 'old days', it's leaf is smaller but much more narrow, so I doubt you're thinking of that one.  I've heard that Aglaonemas will live quite a long time under water, and I know the all- green A. modestum was sold for aquarium planting.

Thanks for the response,
Russ