RE: [Aroid-l] voodoo lilly

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] voodoo lilly
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway sfhatheway@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:38:36 -0700 (PDT)

Is this Dracunculus vulgaris we're talking about?
Here in Canby, OR zone 7-8 I leave mine planted in the
ground year-round.  It has grown, bloomed
successfully, multiplied, and smelled up the
neighborhood (slightly) for more than 20 years.  I
never dig it up except to divide clumps and sell some
of the tubers.

Sheldon Hatheway
Canby, Oregon