RE: [Aroid-l] voodoo lilly

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] voodoo lilly
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:02:01 +0000

From: jerry ledsome <jljinc2006@yahoo.com>
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: [Aroid-l] voodoo lilly
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jerry,

Welcome to aroid-l!
I`m by no means an expert on the growing of the 'voodoo lily', but since it is an aroid that does go dormant, I can offer the following tips/suggestions. It will 'go down' into dormancy once it gets cold enough where you live, and once the leaves start to turn yellow, cut way back then stop on the watering, and once all the leaves are withered and brown, remove the corm from the soil and store in a paper bag in a cool place, say on a garage shelf. Next spring, once W. Cen. Florida begins to warm up, the tuber must be checked regularly for signs of new growth, it will begin to put out either a bloom or new plant growth, and should be potted out at this time, start watering slowly at first, once the new plant has rooted in, begin a system of regular light fertilization. Enjoy!
Good luck, and
GOOD GROWING!

Julius Boos
WPB,
FLORIDA

THANKS FOR THE INVITE TO YOUR SITE, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS...I LIVE IN WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA, ADN RECENTLY ( AUG 1ST ) TRANSPLANTED A
"VOODOO LILLY" FROM A START FROM A PLANT IN OHIO....THE " BUSH " THAT HE HAS NOW DID NOT BLOOM THIS YEAR, AND I PLANTED MY TRANSPLANT, HER IN FL. IN AUGUST....I WOULD LIKE TO NO WHAT I SHOULD DO, AND WHEN I SHOULD DO IT, AS FAR AS THE FLORIDA OFF SEASON GOES?????? IF THE LEAVE DIES OFF, SHOULD I DO ANYTHING SPECIAL WITH THE BULB(S)??? WHAT DO I DO TO PROPOGATE, AND IF IT BLOOMS WHAT AND HOW DO I HANDEL TH4E SEEDS.....????? THE TRANSPLANT SEEMS TO BE DOING JUST FINE AS FAR AS THE UPROOTING, AND FLIGHT HOME GOES....MY SOIL PH IS ABOUT 6.2......ANY INFO ON THIS NEW PROJECT OR TIPS YOU NMAY HAVE OR DIRECTIONS I CAN RESEARCH WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....( PICS TO FOLLOW IF YOUR INTERESTED??? ) THANKS JBARL