Re: [Aroid-l] Zamioculcas zamiifolia- Request for growth conditions

I agree with what Steve reported, both on what research will tell you the
plant wants, some moisture and then a dry season, and on what his reality
was, and mine as well. We planted ours in an upper planter pocket in the
rain forest simulation at UNC Charlotte, where it was fairly well drained
but pretty constant moisture as well, and it just thrived, flowered, the
whole nine yards. It got some sun, but not much - just good bright light,
well drained soil, and good moisture. It got real good sized for us under
those conditions.

> Dear Aroiders:
>              A colleague here at the Gardens asks what are the best soil
> conditions and general care for this species.  We have it in the
> greenhouse where it thrives but do any of you grow it in your house.
> Does it require special care?
>             I would appreciate it if anyone has any advise.
> Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany

Aroid-L mailing list