[Aroid-l] Dorothy Henkle's Anthurium revisited?

For those of you who may have read my description posted yesterday of the plant we are currently calling Anthurium marmoratum, there was a significant error in the text.  Actually, several.  Dr. Croat pointed out today that Anthurium dolichostachyum should not be considered in this group of Anthurium sp.  It is not a synonym.  That was in my notes, but I can't figure out where I found it!  So that has now been removed.
Dr. Ron Kaufmann also pointed out some errors which were made as a misunderstanding of some of our email communications.  That too has now been corrected.  This specimen was not found near Maldonado, Ecuador.  It was found in Colombia.  You will also find a link to his website where you can see an inflorescence and other photos which may indicate this is a new species.  Dr. Croat has been working with Ron and is going to Ecuador soon.  He hopes to learn more about this group of Anthurium sp. while there.
In case you missed it, Ron has an Anthurium that is quite similar to the fabled Anthurium that belonged to noted collector Dorothy Henkle which appeared on Aroideana in January, 1989, Volume 12, 1-4.  This piece is not intended to indicate that plant has been found!  We hope it may now be in collections, but that remains to be seen.  I made every effort to point that out.
If you read it, were confused or mislead, or have comments you are invited and welcome to send them along!  I do the website to pass along information and the input of people smarter than I am (most of you) is most welcome!
Steve Lucas
Aroid-L mailing list